The presidential Twitter feed continues to be NOT NORMAL. To be specific, this week it was NOT NORMAL for the president to
- complain about an executive order being overturned by the Ninth Circuit;
- dub a Senator “Sneaky Dianne Feinstein”;
- charge that it was “possibly illegal” to release the transcript of testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee (spoiler alert: it wasn’t illegal);
- refer to the investigation into his campaign’s contacts with Russia as a “the single greatest Witch Hunt in American history”;
- repeatedly tag a cable news shows that run stories of which he apparently approves;
- tout the fact that 66% of Americans are happy with the economy and omit the fact that most Americans credit Obama for it;
- criticize the upcoming House vote to extend the FISA Act, even though members of his own administration had gone to Capitol Hill to lobby for it, and then walk back his criticism two hours later after a talk with the Speaker of the House;
- repeatedly complain about the Democrats’ immigration policy;
- claim that he was cancelling his trip to London because he was upset about the “Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for ‘peanuts'” when in fact he is most likely cancelling because of protests and the move of the U.S. embassy was planned by the Bush administration for security reasons;
- deny that he said “anything derogatory” about Haiti;
- use his Twitter feed to fight with the author of a book about his administration and the staff of the Wall Street Journal; and
- begin Martin Luther King Day with a long tweet quoting himself about immigration.
(However, I am encouraged in that I think he went a whole week without mentioning “Crooked Hillary.” Baby steps!)
Source: the Presidential Twitter feed. Scroll to the appropriate dates.