The presidential Twitter feed continues to be NOT NORMAL. To be specific, this week it was NOT NORMAL for the president to
- call a sitting Senator “Dicky” because he was unhappy that the senator had revealed his racist remarks about the continent of Africa to the press;
- repeatedly insist on the importance of the “WALL” and complain about the danger of the “Lottery,” and allege that the minority party was seeking “unchecked illegal immigration”;
- complain about the “Fake News Mainstream Media” and insist that the “Russian Collusion Hoax is dead,” despite the indictments and plea deals that have already emerged from it;
- approvingly tweet verbatim quotes from Fox and Friends;
- post a link to a misleading report about foreign-born commission of terrorism;
- throw a wrench into negotiations over an impending government shutdown by tweeting that “CHIP should be part of a long term solution, not a 30 Day, or short term, extension!”;
- complain that members of the minority party “care very little about” the military;
- refer to the government shutdown as “a nice present” for the anniversary of his inauguration;
- pretend that the protest marches on the anniversary of his inauguration were intended to “celebrate the historic milestones” of his presidency; and
- announce that he was going to Pennsylvania to “give [his] total support” to a candidate in a House special election, after the White House had called the trip an official presidential visit, not a campaign stop.
Source: the presidential Twitter feed.